Commercial Manager (Estimator/Quantity Surveyor)
The Silvermill Group are looking to recruit a motivated and experienced estimator / Quantity Surveyor. The successful candidate will be working very closely with the Operations Director, Financial Director and Project Teams. The ability to work within the vibrant team we have in place is essential.
This is an empowered position requiring strong commercial and people skills. Responsible for all project related commercial activities, this position will play a vital role in the continued expansion of The Silvermill Group. This sought after position will be right for someone looking to join us on our journey to becoming the go to high end residential construction company in London.
Working on projects ranging from £50k to £750k the successful candidate will undertake the following duties:
- Management of all project related commercials.
- Producing accurate and timely client proposals for B2C projects.
- Producing accurately priced tender returns to deadline.
- Preparation of subcontractor packages.
- Preparation of trade specifications.
- Subcontractor quotation analysis and negotiation.
- Conduct benchmarking on tenders received.
- Placing subcontractor orders.
- Change order management.
- Budget creation.
- Production of weekly, monthly and quarterly reports.
- Management of Silvermill’s contractual obligations. (JCT/RIBA Standard Contracts.)
- Value engineering.
- Chair pre-start meetings with Subcontractors, Site Management and Contracts Manager.
The following criteria need to be met:
- At least 3 years’ experience working as an estimator / quantity surveyor in the London residential market.
- Must be presentable, confident and comfortable due to the client facing nature of the position.
- A full driving licence.
- Advanced computer literacy skills. (Experience using Builder Trend an advantage but not essential)
- Ability to work under pressure and to deadline.
- Demonstrable project delivery track record.
The successful candidate will exhibit the following:
- Highly motivated.
- Ability to work as a team and under their own steam.
- High levels of organisation.
- Attention to detail.
- Sense of humour.
If you believe that you are a good fit for this exciting position, then please apply below, alternatively send your CV and a covering e-mail/letter to : email@example.com